Condensations, and were is my Five Dollar Bill?

Before living on a sailboat I had read books, blogs, forums, etc., it did help gather information and prepare for the life. However, there is so much more that is "On the Job Training" so to speak of.  We have had to  battle with condensation around the portholes, and storage areas around the hull for the first time since living aboard.  It really is simple, if you remember back in science class while you were grade school. Remember that if it is warm on one side of moist air and it collides with cold air  you get a cloud which is suspended moisture.  So, with the boat nice and toasty and it colliding with the hull that has cold water against it,  you get moisture.  Ventilation is essential to keeping things dry.  In the bedroom I started smelling a very pundget smell, I swear I though the cat had done his business in the bed.  Washed the sheet, mattress pad etc. with not much change.  I lifted up the mattress and is was soaking wet on the boards which  cover the water tank and fuel storage area. I found the SMELL!  Sorry Buddy, I blamed you for making the smell.
To fix this problem I have drilled multiple holes in the boards to allow more ventilation, ordred a product called Dry Mesh that will go under the mattress to help with ventilation.  We removed the cover to the mattress and washed it and pre treating it with a mold killer.  We then did the same with the mattress, and boards the mattress sits on.  So far things are looking better and smelling much better.

Several weeks ago I got a $5.00 bill for change to wash laundry with.  I lost it in the car, then a week later I find it, so I put it up in the car.  Then I cannot remember where I put it, so a couple of weeks later I find it.  Then I get it out of the car I bring it to the boat, and place it in the laundry kitty.  I grab it to get quarters to supplement the ones we have. After getting the laundry going I am out checking the give away table and score again on a free item.  I walk down to the mailroom to get change and I cannot find the $5.00.  Searched everywhere, with no luck. So we scrounge to get enough to finsh the laundry.  While finishing up I am throwing away lint from the dryer and as I place the lid on the trash can,  I say what?  Took the lid off and there is my $5.00, with it in hand I walk staight to the coin machine with the $5.00 in front of my face the  entire way to make it into quaters.

Living on the boat, people you work with will ask "Do you still like living on the boat?", "That is so cool you live on a boat?" "Do you have a stove?", "There was a storm last night, where you ok?",  So we answer, "Yes we do", "Yes it is very cool", " Yes, and watched TV after I check the dock lines, then went to bed".
I need to start following up with "Do you still like living in your house?"  " I can't believer why you live in a house?", "Do you have a stove?"  "There was a storm last night, where you ok?"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going to the Circus City! Sarasota Flordia

Last week in Tarpon Springs.

The Lines have been Cut! #Cruisinglife