Being Thankful

Thanksgiving has come and gone, as I reflect on the year I have much to give thanks too.  

This year has been a big one, maybe one of the biggest in my life.  I quit a job I loved and was secure in for almost 20 years to move on the boat.  You wonder why would he be thankful for that?

I am thankful that we have the ability to do that, that we planned well enough to do it. We still have a bit more to do to before cruising.   We moved on the boat FULLTIME! I am so thankful for that.  My wife has had two major surgeries for a genetic cancer gene that popped up in her family.  She has beat it, and healed well.  This is something I cannot express how thankful I am, but I do wake up and thank God for allowing me to share my life with her every single morning.  I am thankful that my youngest came down to visit us with, and share thanksgiving with her.  She is such a strong young woman, grounded in good values, and stays true to her dreams just like her dad.  I am thankful that I held some of my grandkids and felt there love during thanksgiving.  I am thankful that we live in a country were we can live, express our views, speak our minds, live in some many different ways.  I am thankfull that we have men and women who have served our coutnry for many years to provide us the security this country has.

I am thankfull that we can wake up to this everyday!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going to the Circus City! Sarasota Flordia

Last week in Tarpon Springs.

The Lines have been Cut! #Cruisinglife