Catching Up

Since move in day it has been a blur!

Some of you may know I left a job in EMS that I was at for 20 years. This might have been the hardest thing to do.  It was a job I loved, a job that I had security in for as long as I wanted it.    However I have started with a a private EMS service in Houston as Director of Operations.  Hmmm....not the Semi-Retirement job I thought I was going to get.  Is it the company I left, in no way is it.  However the owners have been open to new changes that I brought, and ideas that I brought.   It must be working because I have boought 2 new units, 2 more ordered, and 2 more in the very near future for an expansion to 2 different cities.  Getting away from managine people was what I thought I wanted in a job till the big sail off day. This job seems to fit me, the people are all good...well for the most part.  There are a few weeds that need prunning.  My goal for the time that I am there is to leave it a better place than I found it.

Carol, is recoving from her 2nd surgery well.  It was a bit more than we both expected.  Howeve I have to give it to the tuff girl, she heals well.  For those who do not know she has a Genetic Mutation from her family that causes cancer in 2 different areas of the body.  The first area there was already Cancer, but not active.  The 2nd area that she just had the surgery had pre-cancerous tissue in it.  Good new is she is cured and our plans can continue.  She is hopefull to start working in January so we can start building that cruising Kitty again.

Long Term cruising goals are still a reality, investments rolled over from my previous job, with a plan of doubling that in 10 years.  Hence why I want to build a cruising Kitty for 10 years.  Still have the lake  house to sale, but it does provide rental income during the summer.  I just do not want the headache of  dealing with it while we are gone.  

Short Term cruising goals is to keep working on small projects, and plans to get the boat better for long term cruising.  I am installing a 2nd fuel tank to extend our range. Installing a watermaker to replinish our water tanks which we have a large amount of anyway.  If the watermaker does well it may let me remove the forward water tank and create some extra storage.  All new instruments, chart plotter, radar etc.  This will be the last upgrade to get the latest thing out there.  

This get's us caught up a bit....Keep Dreaming!  You can only achieve what you Imagine if you work at it.

From the crew of S/V Imaigne
Sail On!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going to the Circus City! Sarasota Flordia

Last week in Tarpon Springs.

The Lines have been Cut! #Cruisinglife